5 Reasons I Blog
Posted by Becky Carroll on March 12, 2007
- I blog because I enjoy writing. Actually, I am working on a book, and blogging is a great way to keep up the habit of writing. It disciplines me to write daily (although I haven’t posted in the past few days – I apparently need more discipline).
- I blog because I have an opinion. There are many in-depth conversations taking place about the worlds of marketing, customer service, and customer experience, and I just had to get in on the discussions!
- I blog because I care. Customers are my passion, and I care deeply about how organizations can make it better for their customers. I also firmly believe that organizations can benefit by opening lines of communication to their customers, so I wanted to write about it and get folks thinking!
- I blog because I think it is a cool way to meet other smart people. Before I started reading blogs, I had no idea these types of “live” conversations were taking place in the business world. I was under the mistaken impression blogging was mostly about personal blogs. Since then, I have met some incredible people from around the world (and from just down the street!) who are becoming friends. For that, I am grateful.
- I blog because I want to build my business. I am not looking to make money with the blog itself, but I am looking to continue to build my credibility with this blog. So far, so good!
On that final reason, I want to give a thank-you to all the loyal readers of this blog. I have gotten to know many of you, and you are a pleasure to meet. Please continue to pass along my blog to others, and spread the word that Customers Rock!
Note: As so many of you have already had this meme, I will take Sharon’s approach; if you want to be tagged with this, please leave me a comment or send me an email. I will update my post and link to you!
(Photo uploaded by Forgiss on Stockxpert.com)